Thursday 11 August 2016

Book Haul!

Hey Guys!





Sorry for my absence the past two weeks. I didn't mean to just dump you all, but we (me, my dad and my brother) kind of planned to go on holiday to the U.K all of a sudden and also booked everything in one night and eventually left two days later. I went to Lancaster, then to Newcastle, and eventually stayed in London for some time, and as I'm writing this I just came back from my trip. (although this will probably be published on a Monday and I came back on Wednesday at around 1 o'clock in the morning xD) This made it impossible to have at least 5 blog posts ready since it was so sudden. I'm sorry about this, but I'm back now! I bought 5 books during my trip to the U.K and I'm here to share them with you so I hope you enjoy!

The first book that I picked up is The Watchmaker of Filigree street by Natasha Pulley




I picked this book up not because of the plot, but also because of the cover. Basically as you can see on the cover, there is a watch, but when you open the book you see that the cover actually has a hole where the watch is; and that there is a map displayed on the other side. I have not read this book, but I'm planning to do soon since I'm really excited to ♥

The next book that I picked up is Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.

I was really excited about this book when I picked it up! I heard great things about this one and started almost the same day that I bought it. And also finished it. I loved the story line and it was a great read. Also a quick read. The story is told through two points of view. One from Eleanor and one from Park. But as you read it, it changes quite quickly between the two so you had a lot of white space on your page which made the book a pretty fast read. My review will come soon.

The third book I picked up was Me before you by Jojo Moyes


I know! I'm late! But at least I own it now, am I right? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really want to, but I need to read the book first!! I'm actually so excited to read it and I'm going to read it as soon as I finish Alice in wonderland. I'm so excited about it. I've not been spoiled in any way yet and I'm happy about that so I can just hop into the feel train and cut unions as I'm reading. (my jokes are bad sorry) I'm sooooo excited, although there is still a lot of unpacking to do before I start it xD

The fourth book that I picked up was Harry Potter and the cursed child by J.K Rowling





Harry Potter!!!! I bought this book for half of the price in Waterstones and I was so glad that I did it. I read it that same evening and also finished it. It was amazing. I loved everything about it and how everything was put together. I loved visiting this magic world again. I would like to know how they are going to do all the things in theatre though, because I'm really curious about the magic actions taking place in this book.

And the last book that I picked up was Alice adventures in wonderland by Lewis Carroll



And at last we can't forget the classic! When I was younger I read this book in Dutch. I saw it this time for only 2 pounds in a game shop and just had to pick it up, because 2 pounds come on! I'm currently reading this book and I'm really enjoying it again. I love how things are different than the movie and how the illustrations look as well. Basically I love just everything in it. I'm nearly finished with this book and when I finish I'm probably going to start with Me before you. But at the same time I'm also reading Heir of Fire. Mmmm, We'll see. 

That was it guys! I hope you all enjoyed this little book haul thing. I thought it would be something fun to do after my little holiday/break from my blog. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'd love to hear what you guys bought or are reading at this moment. Please leave a comment if you'd like and I'll probably see you all on Monday again!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top