Thursday 14 July 2016

Tag: Reading Habits

 Hey everyone!



I saw this tag on the channel of TheBookJazz, and it seems like a fun idea for a blog post. You answer the questions below and that way everybody will know how you read and see all your good (or bad ) habits in reading. This way you can learn more about me, but if you like to share things about your habit, feel free in the comments J
Let’s start shall we?




Here are the questions:

Reading Habits

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
11. Do you write in your books?


Readabits
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
2. What is your best setting to read in?
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
6. Do book series have to match?

Let’s start shall we?

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I do, when I want to read in my room, I mostly read in my bed, because it’s my comfy place, but when the weather is nice, I mostly sit in the little wooden house in the garden. That you can see on the picture.



2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

For me it’s definitely a bookmark. I love collecting them and making them. I may actually have collected a little too many now but I don’t really care.
I also like to collect postcards from places where I’ve been. Here are some of the bookmarks and postcards that I love using.






3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?


I can stop in the middle of a chapter. And why? I don’t really know how I do it, but at the same time it leaves me curious to read more. And that’s also the way how I like to avoid reading slumps ☺

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

I don’t really eat while reading a book, because it puts my books in danger. But I always drink a cup of tea when I read. I just love to have a cup of tea next to me when I read, so I can drink when needed.


5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

If I would choose I’d say neither, because I get distracted very easily and it would just keep me from reading. But when I have to choose I would say music, because you can just put on an instrumental song that doesn’t distract you much.

6. One book at a time or several at once?

To be really honest, I prefer one book at a time, but when I have books for school to read, I really don’t mind it at all when I’m reading two at the same time. But for now it would be one at a time. 
7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I would say everywhere, but it depends on the type of everywhere. If the everywhere is by a lake where it’s nice and silent, then sure. If everywhere is a playground of screaming kids, then give me my room. 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

I tend to read in my head, but I like to mumble the words that I read in my head. Call me weird but I like it that way. When I’m in public I will most likely not mumble along and just keep my mouth shut when I read.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I have to say, I skip a page sometimes, very rarely though. When I just don’t really appreciate a certain character I sometimes skip the page a little bit by just roughly scanning it in case there is information that I need to know. But I never fully skip. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Since most of my books get damaged sometimes on the front I like to keep the spine like new, because when I will put the book back in my bookcase the spine will be nice and that will be the only thing that you see from the book. I don’t mean to harm my books though, It’s just that they quickly get ruined in my bag which is sad. 
11. Do you write in your books?

I used to always write my name in my books with a pencil so that I could remove it later, because I always take my books to school but since I have my embosser I don’t do that anymore and just press my name in them.
as you can see on my Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHhlIQ2DR4X/

Readabits

1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time? 

When I have a break from school I sometimes pick up a book in the morning. Mostly evening or just when I have time to.


2. What is your best setting to read in?

I nice warm bed on a winter day with comfy clothes a cup of tea and rain outside my window. Or a nice spring day with a cup of tea and in the wooden house in the garden. ( I don’t like too much heat)

3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?

I do read first before I watch, that’s why I really want to read me before you, because I heard it was really good, same goes for the fifth wave.
although I have seen the mortal instrument movie before the books. Because I didn’t know there were books. (I was not really into reading when I saw the movie for the first time)

4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?

Definitely physical book! I just love to have something physical in my hands when it comes to books. And they make your bookshelves look really nice ☺

5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?


Some people may or may not know that I always wiggle my feet when I’m sleeping or just sitting down. So I mostly wiggle my feet when I read.

6. Do book series have to match? 

Yes definitely, they have to match in height and language, I have one series that doesn’t match, it doesn’t bother me too much but it would be pretty if they matched .




These were all the questions that I will answer in this blog post. I hope you guys liked it, and please share some of your habits in the comments. I would love to know about them ♥

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top