Monday 10 October 2016

Illuminae Review!


♥ Title: Illuminae ♥ Author: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff ♥ Pages: 599 ♥ Published in 2015 ♥






Today I am going to review Illuminae. I finished it last night so why not write a review while all the information is still fresh right?

Plot


It is hard to explain the plot, because the story is not told in a normal way, it is told through hacked documents, emails and more fascinating things that I can’t explain. It mostly follows two characters, Kady Grant and Ezra Mason. They are just two teenagers that just broke up with each other after being in a relationship. But one thing that they did not know is that their world is about to be invaded. This all sets in the year 2075, and there are to mega corporations at war over a planet that is basically made of ice. Kady and Ezra who are not talking with each other anymore whatsoever, have to work together. Most of their friends and family got killed during the invasion and the only thing Kady has left is her mom. Kady learns how to hack systems and Ezra fights as a ‘soldier’. They eventually do communicate and discover that the romance between them isn’t fully gone. Until the Lincoln interception comes and everything gets a little more complicated. 

My opinion


I have to say, when I started reading this book, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. But I’m glad that I started reading because I wasn’t able to put it down. Because of the emails and documents the book is a pretty fast read. You easily read those 599 pages in a day. I loved the writing style of these two authors, I thought they matched each other amazingly. And don’t even get me started on the cover and pages inside. The cover is awesome especially when you have it in hardcover. And I love how they like cubed the swearing, it kind of made it funny in a way. And I absolutely loved the story line. And that at one point you kind of get the p.o.v of Aidan. I thought it was just so original and special, because you don’t see these types of things (you basically don’t read a book this sci-fi at all) But I just thought it was amazing. And then that ending. I just needed moreeee. But I have to say after reading the blurb of book two, I’m not sure if I’ll eventually read that one because I just wanted to stay with these characters so badly. And I know these characters will be in that book as well, they will just not be the main characters anymore, which I don’t really like. But well We’ll see. This book was amazing. And I nearly cried :’) 


Rating





♥♥♥♥

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top