Friday 13 January 2017

My top 10 of 2016


Hey everyone! Since 2016 is over i wanted to share my top 10 books that I've read in 2016. 2016 started off really well, i was really into reading and compared to the slump that I'm still in now, I read a lot of books, and read a lot of books. (for my doing at least) So I decided to make a little list of my favourites to my least favourites but still goot books. Are we ready?

So this list will start from ten to one, to eventually end with the final book that I thought was the best.



#10 Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J. Maas 
Published in 2012
Published by Bloomsbury

Throne of Glass is at the bottom list of this top 10 list. Not because it’s not a good book. I know many people that love these series and that adore the books, but for me it’s not really loving. I do really like the characters and the story, but it all reads really slow, which I’m not a big fan of. So that’s why I won’t quickly put it higher in my favourites top 10. But I have to say, overall it is a really great book, and the series itself is also great (I’m currently reading Heir of Fire, so at least I’m making progress.)


#9 Harry potter and the Cursed Child
Author: J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne
Published in 2016
Published by Little, Brown

Harry potter and the Cursed Child, was one of the releases that I was really exited about. I bought the book the day it came out when I was in New Castle. And read it some days later. I thought it was really fun to read a script for the first time instead of a normal book. I loved to jump into the wizard world once again. I do have o say, that ome parts were really confusing and were not like the other books, but overal i really enjoyed it, and I ould definitely read it again. 



#8 Alice's adventures in wonderland
Author: Lewis Carroll
Published in 1865
Published by (talking about my copy) Macmillan Children's Books

Well to be honest, I read this one because it was only 2 pounds when I was strolling in the city in New Castle so I had to buy it. I have to say, I loved reading this little book. It's a pretty short book, so you fly through it, but the illustrations are beyond beautiful. I just kept staring at one illustration for like 10 minutes just because I was looking how everything was done and all the lines that were drawn. The book overal is pretty basic like we know it from the disney movie. But it was great!




                                 #7 Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Published in 2012
Published by Orion Books

Eleanor & Park was a book that made me laugh, but also a book that made me cry. Although i have to say that eleanor wasn't one of my favourite characters ever. There was always something wrong with her, which kind of irritated me at some points. But I loved the whoel plot and story line. and the ending, ooooh the ending. It got me, it got me good. I have to say I had to walk the book hangover off because it was too much. 




#6 Illuminae
Author: Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Published in 2015
published by Alfred A. Knopf

Not only does this cover get all the stas in the universe, but the story was also amazing. If you aren't familiar with Illuminae; it's not written like any other book. You read a story through emails, chat messages and hacked files. Which already made me want to read more about this book. I have to say it took me some time to get into this book, because of all the names but i loved it a lot, and I'm still very excited to read Gemina in the future. (when I have money again that is.) 



#5 Volatile
Author: Avylinn Winter
Published in 2016 (first on wattpad)
Published by Pride Publishing

To be honest, I read this book already before it even was published in a physical copy. i read it as soonas the first two chapters were out on Wattpad, and kept following it on and on. I loved this book so much, and kept rereading the chapters over and over whenever a new one was posted. I absolutely loved it all, there are no things that I thought could be done better. And luckily the author was nice enough to sign it to me as well. So this is definitely one of my precious books. 


#4 Twilight
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Published in 2005
Published by Little Brown

Once again, people always state the phrase "Stil a better love story than Twilight." I totally disagree! I absolutely love Twilight a lot. I also read New Moon in 2016 and loved it too. I think it deserves more credit than given. I did look at the reviews on goodreads before I read the book, but the reviews didn't really bother my view on the book; because I  was totally in love with it. I also read life and death and adored it too. I really don't know where all this hate is coming from.


#3 Me before you
Author: Jojo Moyes
Published in 2012
Published by Penguin Random House

Let me tell you about this book. I absolutely adored it. I went into the book, not really knowing anything about it, because I forced myself to not read any reviews. Oh boy was I right to not do that. I discovered a whole new world. I loved the storyline and the plot itself, which I didn;t really see coming because I didn't read anything from it before. I managed to read this book in one day, and it did make me cry, especially near the end, because we all know what happened there. Then I made sure to watch the movie the next day which wasn't as good as the book (pretty obvious) but was still really good. This book was in my mind one of my favourites next to The Night Circus.


#2 Clockwork Angel (The Infernal devices)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Published in 2010
Published by Margaret K. Mcelderry

I read this book at the beginning of 2016 and yet at the end of 2016 I could still clearly remember what happened inside of it. To be completely honest I hadn't heard of cassandra Clare before i read this book. (Crazy right? I know) But I'm glad that I read it. I eventually noticed that she is also the author of more books as well as the tmi series which basically every reader knows. (I still have to read it oops) I really liked Clockwork Angel together with Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess. I'm looking forward to reading more from Cassandra Clare.


#1 The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgestern
Published in 2011
Published by Vintage Random House

Well if you are new here, Hi I'm Jolien and The Night Circus is my favourite book. . . I think we all saw this coming beforehand. Yes I read The Night Circus in 2016, I finished it on the first of Januari, so techhnically that's 2016. I love this book. It's set in the 1800's and it has a circus. How can it get even better right? BAM! Magic. No. Legit. Magic. There are magicians and shapeshifters. It's so cool. I recommend this book to everyone who hasn't read it. GO READ THIS BOOK. (Laura get onto this shit.)

That's it for todays blog post. I hope you all liked it. And keep reading :D




























No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top