Friday 27 January 2017

Carry on review!





Title: Carry on
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Published in 2015
Published by St. Martin’s Press


Plot

Before I tell you what Carry on is about, you might want to read Fangirl first. In my opinion it’s very fun to look back on the book and to know that Cath has ‘Written’ it. Just a thing you might want to consider. Carry on is about a magician named Simon Snow. He is 17 years old and is in his last year of high school. The school that Simon attends is called Watford. He loves everything about his school. The food, the lessons his girlfriend Agatha  and his friend Penelope. The only thing he hates is his Roommate. Tyrannus Basilton Pitch. Simon and Baz are the biggest enemies to ever exist. But this year Baz isn’t coming to school and it drives Simon mad. He does everything to discover where Baz has been and stops at nothing. When everything is figured out, and nothing is what is seems, he discovers more things about his faith but also about friendship and more importantly, Love.

My opinion
As some of you may or may have not seen on my Goodreads. I loved Carry on a lot. But there was just this one character that bothered me more than anything. It starts with an ‘A’ Can we all guess. Here’s your second clue. Ends with –gatha. Oooooh I hated her so much. Especially near the end of the book when we all know what she did when she went to the Mage. Ughhhh. This is the type of character that would walk up to the enemy and be like: “Hurry up we got to find out who the enemy is!” Just saying. But overall I love the book. Also the amazing dialogues. I actually adored them. Especially how Simon reacted. It had me giggle throughout the whole book. Now before you read this book I have to say this is an LGBT book so if you’re not into that I wouldn’t recommend this book. This isn’t the first LGBT book that I’ve read. As you may know I’ve reviewed an LGBT book before named “Volatile” which I loved as well. Now I’m not going to compare these two books because I don’t see a reason why I would, but I would definitely say that I would read books like these again. The last thing that I wanted to talk about is the world they live in. I had a lot of people coming to me like: “That’s a knock off Harry Potter book.” To be honest I can see how people think that but in my opinion it is far off Harry Potter. Yes, we do have a chosen one, and yes, we do have magic wands and spells and roommates. But when you look at all the differences, you’ll be surprised how many differences there are. I never saw a Latin spell ever. Throughout the whole book. I really loved this book. (as I do with most Rainbow Rowell books) And I just love how you could just think back to Fangirl and be like Cath ‘wrote’ this. I loved the whole aspect of that as well. And of course we can’t forget about the two main characters. Baz and Simon were so cute. And Penelope was awesome, although after her description I still didn’t imagine her that way and kept my own original idea of what she looked like and how she was dressed.


Conclusion
To sum up I would like to say that I really think that this is a great book. I think the overall plot line is really good and that the character development with Simon and Baz was amazing. (I fangirled so much at the end of chapter 32 you have no clue)
I would definitely read this book again, but for now there is a huge tbr pile waiting for me, so I guess that will be another time. (Also I need a sequel that would be so good. Like a Carry on, ‘What happened after the story’ when they marry and have kid and stuff.) Okay I’m over dramatic. All I can say is just READ THIS BOOK! <3

Rating

♥♥♥♥♥


2 comments :

  1. Carry On has been on my TBR for a while. I loved fangirl and I can't wait to read more about Simon and Baz. I just need to buy the book first ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I absolutely loved Fangirl and E&P so I had to read Carry On :) I hope you can get your hands on the book very soon. And Thank you for reading my blog <33

      Delete

Back to Top