Tuesday 29 November 2016

Book to music tag

Book to music tag !




Hey everybody! Sorry for leaving you with nothing for an extra week. I had to figure out a schedule that I was going to be happy with. I now plan to upload every Tuesday at around 9 to 11 pm. This way it will be easier for me to focus on school during the afternoon when I arrive home. And then I can keep my work separated from my hobby which is nice!

Now on with the Tag. Today I’m going to do a book to music tag. I haven’t done a tag in a long time and decided to do one today. Basically the rules of this tag are very simple. You get a book and you link it to song that you find fitting with the plot line. Or just with your personal thoughts about the book.

The first book that will get a song is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer




I decided to choose the song ‘Danger’ by F(x) It is a K-pop band.  And if you like K-pop it’s definitely a song that will stay in your head for a couple of days. I chose this song because Bella tends to have a hard time choosing which boy she likes and which not. But at the same time, they both bring her in danger, which I thought would be fitting for this song .


The second book that will get a song will be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I chose the song Flashlight by Jessie J (preferably nightcore version J) because I really like this song, but as well because of the lyrics “I got all I need when I got you and I



I look around me, and see a sweet life

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight


You're getting me, getting me, through the night.”

For the people that have read the Night Circus. The circus travels at night, and

 some things happen to certain characters, that I think will need some help 

after. And I feel like this song does justice not only because of the lyrics but also because of the melody.


The third book that I will be giving a song will be Me before you by Jojo Moyes.

For this book I chose ‘Hold on – Extreme music.’ It’s about someone not giving up. It could be on anything but as most of you know. Will is not the happiest about his life in the book itself. So I couldn’t not include this song somewhere in this book when I read it.


The fourth book that will get a song is Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


I kind of feel like it’s too obvious  to pick this one song but I just have to. “We don’t talk anymore – Charlie Puth.’ If you have not read Eleanor & Park I would now scroll down to the next title because this will have some spoilers. So as you know Eleanor and Park eventually don’t see each other anymore in the end, because of what was happening in Eleanor’s house. A lot of postcards from Park were send to Eleanor, but no cards were send from Eleanor to Park. Why? We may never know. I feel like this is the moment they start to drift apart and kind of start to find themselves. Until the ending. Because that ending! (personally I smacked the book down my bed which was in a hotel at that time and had to walk it off hihi) This is why I thought ‘We don’t talk anymore by Charlie Puth would be fitting.

The last book that will get a song is Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay 
Kristoff.




The song that is linked to this book is ‘Blood sweat and tears.’ By BTS. Which if you don’t really like K-pop is not really something for you. I personally don’t really have any explanation for this one. I just thought of that song when I thought about the title. I don’t know why, but it just happened. And I thought I’d better just stick with my first thought.


So this was the book to music tag! I hope  you all enjoyed it. Thank you all so much for all the support so far. I appreciate every single one of you. If you have any suggestions, leave me a comment down below about what tag you would like to see or about what book you would like me to read. I would love to know about them ! Thanks again.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top