Saturday 18 June 2016

Book Review : The Night Circus


“So magical.”




♥ Title: The Night Circus ♥ Author: Erin Morgenstern ♥ Pages: 490 ♥ Published in 2012 ♥

This book is wow, just wow. Since this book is going to be the first review on my blog, I thought I'd start with my favourite book.



The Night Circus is a spectacular fantasy novel written by Erin Morgenstern. and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy, magic and a circus.


Plot


This book has two different stories finding each other in the middle of the book. It starts of with a girl called Celia. She is very young but ages very quickly through the book. Her father teaches her how to use the magic that she possesses and how to control it. Later on when she grows up she finds a circus. Le Cirque des Rêves. (Circus of dreams). As the blurb of the book already says: " The circus arrives without warning, no announcements precede it... It is simply there, when yesterday it was not." Celia decides to join the circus, and makes multiple friends, including Marco. One thing she does know is that she is in a thing called the Game. This means that she has to 'fight' in a battle with someone, and she has to win. She doesn't know with who, and doesn't know when you win. But when she eventually finds out what the Game is. She feels wretched.

There is another story that you follow in the book. This story is about Bailey. Bailey is a young boy that is playing in the tree. He discovered the circus during a truth or dare with his friends. That's when he met Poppet for the first time. Later on in the book you will discover that Bailey enters the circus a few more times and that he becomes very good friends with Poppet and Widget (the Brother of Poppet)


My opinion


In my opinion this book gets a 5/5 star rating. It's so beautifully written and it's so hard to put it down. When I read this book for the first time the plot twists really got me, and made me want to read more. And the ending. . . Can we talk about the ending? I thought the ending was so beautifully thought through. I have to admit I did cry in the end. And it still blows my mind how everything got so beautifully wrapped up in the end. There were some things that were a bit confusing though. for instance Mme Padva, I thought that Mme was the name of someone. But it's definitely not. Mme is basically Madame, which is French for Mrs. This is one thing to keep in mind when reading the book. But overall I thought this book was amazing, and I definitely loved reading it so much. Best book ever!

Rating


 ♥♥♥♥♥




                   aw sometimes you need those kind of things!:

1 comment :

Back to Top